Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱. EASY coconut curry with chickpeas and Indian spices. This garbanzo bean curry skips the complicated steps but doesn't skimp on flavor! Our vegan chickpea curry is packed full of protein, fibre and iron.
The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, protein-rich, free of chicken, and quick. Chickpeas (garbanzo beans), turnips, and corn combine in this warming meal. It's a meaty dish, with a hint of curry and cumin flavor. You can make Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱 using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱
- Prepare of spring of fresh curry leaves.
- It’s of chickpeas.
- It’s of small onion – chopped.
- You need of oil.
- It’s of star anise.
- Prepare of black cardamon pods.
- Prepare of green cardamon pods.
- You need of Sweet potato – cubed.
- Prepare of flat teaspoon cumin seeds.
- Prepare of flat teaspoon tumeric.
- You need of garlic cloves – crushed.
- You need of thumb of ginger – crushed.
- You need of lemon.
- Prepare of coriander.
- You need of green chillis.
- It’s of Pickled red onion (see recipe).
- It’s of teaspoons of fresh pomegranate seeds.
- You need of amchoor (sour mango powder).
- It’s of sprinkle of sev (if you wish).
- You need of Chopped red chilli (marinated in a little white vinegar).
Serve on it's own or on some basmati rice. Reviews for: Photos of Vegetarian Chickpea Curry with Turnips. Try one of our best chickpea curries for a filling, vegetarian main. We've also included chicken, pork and fish with plenty of healthy and easy options.
Vegan chickpea curry with pickles 🌱 step by step
- Put a cross on the top of the tomatoes and put in. Bowl covered with boiling water – this will make it easy to remove the skins later. Cube the sweet potatoes and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Cook the chopped onions in a little oil on a medium heat for 2 minutes and then turn to a low heat and put a lid on the pan. You may need to stir occasionally but the onions will turn a soft brown..
- Crush the garlic and prepare the chillis by washing and making a little slit in the side (larger if you like it spicy).
- Add the hard spices to the onions (star anise, cumin seeds, cardamom) and then add the curry leaves. The curry leaves will sizzle a little but don’t let them burn. add the crushed garlic and chilli and stir for a further couple of minutes..
- Add the ground spices, peel the tomatoes and add them to the pan and cook on a low heat. They will break down quickly but you can cop or squash to speed things up..
- When the tomatoes have formed a sauce add the chickpeas and the cooked cubes potatoes..
- Sprinkle with lots of coriander, a good squeeze of lemon, pickled red onion and some fresh pomegranate seeds. Serve with lime, mint and coconut chutney and breads or rice.
recipe by Rachel @cookpad
This easy chickpea curry, created by reader Jon Gregg, is a vegan recipe that's three of your five-a-day. It works well as a main course or a simple. This vegan curry recipe has never been easier. Using just a handful of spices and fresh herbs, you'll be amazed at how much flavour can come from such few ingredients! This dish combines the flavors of fresh garlic and ginger with curry powder, cumin, and turmeric for an Indian-inspired sauce that the eggplant and tomatoes are then cooked in to get delightfully tender and fully saturated.