Vickys Blueberry Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Blueberry Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Blueberry Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s of plain / gluten-free flour.
- You need of golden caster sugar.
- It’s of baking powder.
- You need of xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- It’s of baking soda / bicarb.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of light coconut milk or milk of choice.
- You need of melted dairy free spread such as gold foil Stork block.
- You need of medium banana, very ripe, mashed well.
- It’s of lemon juice.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- It’s of blueberries.
Vickys Blueberry Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400°F.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the xanthan gum if using, baking powder, soda, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the middle and add the milk, butter, lemon juice, vanilla and mashed banana.
- Mix into a batter, then fold in blueberries. You may need to add a few extra tablespoons milk if using gluten-free flour. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes and check the consistency. It should be quite a thick batter.
- Spoon into 12 paper cases and bake for 15 – 20 mins. You can sprinkle some golden caster sugar or brush with a little milk then put back to bake after 15 minutes for another 5 minutes. This is just to help with colouring due to there being no egg in the recipe, it doesn't matter if you do that step or not.
- Take out of the oven and let cool in the tin covered in a clean dishtowel for 30 minutes before removing the paper cases.
- You can sub the banana for a quarter of a cup / 60mls of another puree such as apple, pear, raspberry or cherry which make the cakes a pretty pink colour or a vegetable puree such as courgette or avocado which is my own personal preference as it imparts no flavour.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad