Vickys Eat One Freeze One Lasagne, GF DF EF SF BF.
You can have Vickys Eat One Freeze One Lasagne, GF DF EF SF BF using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Eat One Freeze One Lasagne, GF DF EF SF BF
- It’s of unsmoked streaky bacon, chopped.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of medium onions, chopped.
- You need of carrots, peeled and diced.
- Prepare of white mushrooms, chopped.
- It’s of minced pork or 500g pork + 500g beef.
- Prepare of ham or beef bouillon.
- You need of hot water.
- Prepare of tinned chopped tomatoes *see note at end.
- It’s of tomato puree/paste *see note at end.
- It’s of worcestershire sauce, gluten-free recipe on my profile.
- Prepare of garlic puree.
- You need of oregano.
- Prepare of dried basil.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of dairy-free 'butter', I use Vitalite sunflower spread.
- It’s of cornflour uk / corn starch.
- Prepare of light coconut milk or milk of choice.
- It’s of gluten-free lasagne sheets, most dry pasta is eggless.
- It’s of grated cheese of choice, I use Veganic or Violife brand.
- Prepare of pepper.
Vickys Eat One Freeze One Lasagne, GF DF EF SF BF instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook off the bacon until it starts to crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the chopped onions and carrot to the pan and cook on a medium heat for around 10 minutes or until softened.
- Add in the mushrooms and minced meat. Brown off the mince stirring continuously to avoid clumps. Don't drain the fat.
- Add the bacon, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, worchestershire sauce, oregano, basil, garlic, bouillon and water. Bring to a simmer then cover and cook for 30 minutes. Season with a little pepper.
- Preheat the oven to gas 5 / 190C / 375°F and set out two 12"x 8" dishes for assembling your lasagne.
- Check your pasta sheets to see if they need boiling first or if you can use them dry. I like to soften mine by boiling for a minute first then cooling them in cold water before adding to the dish. The Sainsburys ones I use are just rice flour and cornstarch. No egg.
- Melt the butter in another pan and stir in the flour. Whisk in the milk and bring to a simmer to thicken whisking all the time. Season with some pepper.
- Mix the sugar into the mince mixture, season again to taste, add more garlic if you like. Spread a third of the mixture in the bottom of each of your dishes.
- Top with a layer of pasta sheets.
- Put another third of mince mixture in each dish, another pasta layer then repeat one last time.
- Spread half of the white sauce on top of each dish and sprinkle half of the cheese over each to finish.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or put in the fridge to cook later. From chilled oven time is 40 – 45 minutes.
- Wrap the remaining lasagne in foil and freeze for another day. Defrost overnight in the fridge and cook from chilled as above.
- If you have a tomato allergy please use my recipe for tomato-free 'tomato' sauce in place of the chopped tomatoes and my ketchup version to replace the tomato puree.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad