Boozy Christmas Rich Fruit Bundt Cake – My Way!.
You can cook Boozy Christmas Rich Fruit Bundt Cake – My Way! using 14 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Boozy Christmas Rich Fruit Bundt Cake – My Way!
- You need 2 cups of Soaked dry fruits and nuts.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped Mixed Nuts (Pistachios, Walnuts, Cashew Nuts, Almonds).
- Prepare 100 grams of Almond meal.
- Prepare 100 grams of Whole wheat flour.
- You need 45 grams of Sorghum/jowar flour.
- It’s 40 grams of Amaranth flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- It’s 4 of Eggs.
- You need 150 grams of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 75 grams of Cane sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Ground cloves.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Dried ground ginger.
- It’s 225 grams of Butter.
Boozy Christmas Rich Fruit Bundt Cake – My Way! step by step
- Preheat the oven to 110 Degree Celsius..
- Add the butter and sugars into a large mixing bowl..
- Cream together the butter and sugars until they’re light and fluffy..
- Next add the eggs one at a time working them into the creamed mixture till well combined..
- Sift in the flours, almond meal and baking powder and mix well..
- Into this add the spices and mix well..
- Next add the soaked dried fruit and nuts and chopped nuts and combine well..
- Line the base and the sides of a 24 cm. round and deep bundt tin or ring pan. I just greased it very well and floured the tin, shaking off excess flour..
- Pour in the cake mixture and level the top..
- Bake in the oven for approximately 2 hours. Keep an eye on the cake as it bakes and start checking if it is done from about 1 hour 30 minutes. The cake is ready when a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean..
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the tin..
- Once the cake is cold, remove it from the tin and place on a large flat plate or serving platter..
- Next, lay out a large piece of aluminium foil, (I used a double layer of foil) large enough to wrap the cake completely. Place the cake on the foil, in the middle..
- Using a skewer or toothpick, poke 35 to 40 holes on top of the cake, only 3/4th’s of the depth of the cake so that the rum or any liquid being used doesn’t run through..
- Using a pastry brush, brush over the entire top of the cake with the rum, brandy, wine or orange juice. Don't go beyond 2 teaspoons in each feed..
- Once this step is done, gather the foil and seal the cake covering the cake completely with foil. You can add another layer of foil on top in case you think it isn't enough..
- Now place the wrapped up cake in a suitable airtight container. You can use a large cookie or cake tin too. Place in an area away from direct sunlight..
- Repeat the feeding process every 3 to 4 days until the cake won’t absorb anymore..
recipe by The Culinary Trail @cookpad