Chettinad Mutton Kuzhambu (Chettinad Mutton Gravy). Amma Special Chettinad Mutton kuzhambu for Idli, Dosa and Rice (lamb Curry) Chennai Samayal. My kids really enjoyed and my wife liked it immediately. It is a excellent tasty revipie.
Tasty Chettinadu Mutton Curry recipe is one of the favorite recipe in south India, it is very tasty and delicious amazing mouthwatering recipe, Chettinadu recipes have a nice blend of spices which makes it unique and adds the taste and flavor to the dish.. Curry / Mutton Kuzhambu : It is a spicy,flavorful curry and it taste absolutely delicious. Chettinad mutton gravy goes well with almost anything from chappathi, porotta, naan to rice. You can have Chettinad Mutton Kuzhambu (Chettinad Mutton Gravy) using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chettinad Mutton Kuzhambu (Chettinad Mutton Gravy)
- It’s 1/2 kg of Mutton.
- Prepare 100 gm of Shallots.
- You need 2 of Tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 3 tsp of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- It’s 1 of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 4 of Cloves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Curry leaves.
- It’s 4 tsp of Groundnut oil.
- You need As needed of Salt.
- It’s of Roast and Grind:.
- It’s 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- It’s 6 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 piece of Ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of Fennel.
Tasty and Spicy Chettinad Mutton Curry is ready. Mutton kuzhambu is the highlight for any sunday special lunch and this week i want to try something different from the usual family style and tried this recipe from Solai's True Chettinad kitchen for a chettinad version….lip smacking good! Just a regular mutton gravy but with a little twist of adding. Mutton takes longer time to cook without pressure cooker.
Chettinad Mutton Kuzhambu (Chettinad Mutton Gravy) instructions
- Wash mutton thoroughly in running cold water for around 5 – 7 times. In pressure cooker add mutton, 1/4 tsp of turmeric, pinch of salt. Mix it. Add 2 cups of water and cook upto 5 whistles..
- In kadai dry roast pepper, cumin, fennel. Once it gets cool grind this with ginger and garlic to smooth paste..
- In same kadai add oil. Once hot add cinnamon, clove, fennel seeds and curry leaves. Once done add chopped shallots. After couple of minutes add chopped tomatoes and saute..
- Once tomatoes done add ground masala and saute for another couple of minutes..
- Now add remaining turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and enough salt..
- Add cooked meat and reduce the flame. Cook until gravy gets thick and oil separates from sides..
- You can adjust the chilli level according to your taste buds. Serve hot with rice..
If the pressure cooker is not We get mutton from Halal Market which is much closer to the taste which we get in India. PagesBusinessesEducationSpecialist schoolCooking schoolAll recipes HubVideosChettinad Mutton Curry / Mutton Kuzhambu. Chettinad Thakkali Kulambu or Kuzhambu with step by step pictures and video instructions is a very versatile and tasty gravy. It goes well with hot plain rice. Not difficult to make, this gravy is very yummy and delicious.