Orange Marble Cake.
You can have Orange Marble Cake using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Orange Marble Cake
- It’s of melted butter.
- You need of granulated or caster sugar.
- It’s of + thick curd.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- It’s of oranges.
- You need of self-raising flour.
- It’s of bicarbonate of soda.
- It’s of cocoa powder.
- It’s of fresh orange juice.
- You need of dairy milk chocolate (I used..it's optional).
Orange Marble Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Beat butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat curd and add vanilla, then beat again until well combined..
- Add the zest of 1/2 orange and squeeze the juice of one orange and mix in. Sieve juice before mixing.
- Sieve in flour, bicarb and then gently fold into the mixture. When well mixed, put roughly half of the mixture into a separate bowl..
- To one bowl, add the cocoa and juice and mix in. For more creamy n chocolaty texture I added one small, melted dairy milk chocolate (for me, the more the better!)..
- Put half of your pale mixture into the tin. Then all of your chocolate mixture. Finally, add your remaining pale mixture..
- For the marble look, zig-zag your knife through the mix..
- Put in the preheated oven for 30 minutes but keep checking Now combine the juice of remaining half orange with enough icing sugar to make a syrup consistency and a little zest too..
- Once a golden crust is formed on the top and cake is cooked through the middle, remove from the oven and prick the top with a fork then pour over the prepared juice solution. It should be poured when cake is warm so that it is all absorbed..
- Cut slices when cake is cooled down n enjoy with tea or coffee..
recipe by RUCHIKA @cookpad