Prunes Cake with rolled fondant. Glucose and glycerin can be found at most cake decorating supply stores or online. In place of glucose syrup you can Rolled Fondant can dry out quickly. If you need to store it for short periods of time, wrap it in plastic wrap and store it in a resealable plastic bag.
Learn a couple different methods on how to cover a cake with rolled fondant. In this tutorial, Serdar will show you a few different ways of covering cakes with rolled fondant. Rolled Fondant is a soft, smooth fondant that handles beautifully and is perfect to use when covering cakes with fondant. You can cook Prunes Cake with rolled fondant using 26 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Prunes Cake with rolled fondant
- Prepare 1 cup of Prunes (dried plum).
- It’s 2 cups of All purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of Nutmeg.
- It’s 11/4 cups of Sugar.
- It’s 200 cups of Butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- It’s 3 of Egg.
- It’s 1 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 4 cups of Icing Sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Butter milk.
- It’s 4 tbsps of Butter (1/2 stick).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Corn syrup.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1 / 2 tsps of Vanilla.
- It’s 4 cups of Icing sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Gelatin.
- It’s 1/3 cup of water Cold.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Corn syrup.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Glycerin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
- You need of Food colour (as desired).
- It’s of Salt (as desired).
- Prepare of Corn starch sugar or to roll fondant (as desired).
Although this recipe calls for the use of a stand mixer, it is possible to make this by hand; it just requires a lot of stamina and kneading. This recipe calls for glycerin, which helps keep the. Rolled fondant is a sugar paste that, as the name implies, can be rolled. It is used to cover cakes to give it a nice, smooth finish.
Prunes Cake with rolled fondant instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°, grease two round baking pans..
- Place the prunes in a small sauce pan, cover them with water, bring to a boil and cook until they are soft and mashable..
- Drain the water and mash the prunes on a plate..
- Sift the flour, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon in another bowl..
- Combine together butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs until smooth..
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, then add buttermilk and stir until it is mixed well. The mixture will be slightly lumbyand then add the mashed prunes..
- Tranfer the batter in to the prepared pans and bake for 40 minutes..
- Icing:- combine the sugar, buttermilk,nbutter,ncorn syrup, baking soda and vanilla in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat..
- Continue boiling until the icing turn to a light caramel color..
- Remove cakes from the oven and pour the icing evenly over the top of the cakes while the cakes are warm..
- Rolled fondent:- Combine gelatin and cold water and leave it aside until it becomes thick. Place gelatin mixture in the top of a double boiler and heat until it is dissolved..
- Add corn syrup and glycerin and mix well. Stir in butter until melted and remove from the heat and stir in vanilla to this..
- Place 2 cups icing sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and using a wooden spoon, stir in luke warm gelatin mixture..
- Mix the remaining 2 cups of sugar little at a time until stickiness disappears. Knead until the fondant is smooth and does not stick your hands. (If fondant is too soft, add more sugar, if too stiff, add water(drop by drop only).
- You can use the fondant for decoration or covers after 3 hours. Roll out and cover the cake as desired. You may cut shapes using moulds and decorate as desired..
It is also used to make decorations from the most simple to the This was the very first rolled fondant recipe that I ever and still use. This recipe is from one of my favorite cake. The fondant must set overnight and be re-kneaded before rolling. This is a good, reliable rolled fondant recipe. A rolled fondant frosted wedding cake is usually the first step in creating intricate designs using fondant, gumpaste, and molded chocolate figures.