Perfect Black Forest Gateau.
You can have Perfect Black Forest Gateau using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Perfect Black Forest Gateau
- It’s of medium eggs.
- Prepare of Caster sugar.
- It’s of Cocoa powder.
- You need of Cake flour.
- You need of Butter, melted.
- It’s of Dark chocolate.
- Prepare of cherry in heavy syrup (I use s&w brand).
- It’s of whipped cream (or non-dairy whipping cream).
- Prepare of powdered sugar (more if u like sweeter).
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- You need of dark rum.
Perfect Black Forest Gateau step by step
- Preheat oven 180°C. Line 3 20 or 22cm round molds with parchment paper and oil the sides. Shift cocoa powder and flour and set aside..
- Crack all eggs in a large bowl or standing mixer bowl. Start to beat the eggs with medium speed, gradually increase into high speed. When the eggs start to bubble, add the sugar in 3 additions..
- Keep beating the eggs until fluffy and pale and leave a trail when u lift the whisk (about 10min)..
- Add in the shifted flour and cocoa powder to the egg mixture. Mix with the whisk from your mixer with your hand. Then change mixing it with spatula until well mix. Do not over mix the batter or u will get a heavy cake..
- Add the melted butter, and keep mixing until well mixed. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Divide into the prepared molds. Tap 2 times to remove the big air bubbles. Then bake for 15-20min. Check with the skewer for doneness. If your skewer is clean, it's done..
- Let the cake cool in a cooling rack until completely cool..
- Shave the chocolate using potato peeler and let it cool in the fridge..
- Beat the whipping cream with cold bowl and beater. When it reaches soft peak, add sugar and vanilla extract. Keep beating until hard peak. Let cool in the fridge..
- Open the canned cherry and drain the syrup in a bowl. Mix half of the syrup with rum. Cut the cherries in half except for 12-16 cherries..
- To assemble the cake, level the tops of the sponges using a sharp knife, if necessary. Place a little cream on a serving plate and secure one of the sponges on top. Brush the sponge with some of the cherry rum syrup..
- Sandwich together with a second sponge and brush again with the syrup. Spread over a layer of the whipped cream, about 1cm deep and cover with cherries..
- Spread a little more cream then the cherries, then top with the final sponge, upside down, to give an even, flat top. Brush with syrup..
- Spoon a quarter of the remaining cream into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle; set aside. Using a palette knife, cover the top and sides of the cake with the rest of the cream..
- Stick the chocolate shavings over the sides of the cake with your palm. Pipe around the edge of the cake and 8 swirls in the middle; place the reserved cherries on the swirls..
- Yayy it's done 😄.
recipe by Stephanie Tjoa @cookpad