Strawberry cake covered with fondant. 1kg. Put your fondant-covered cake in a cardboard box and place the box in the fridge. Leave it in the box to come to room temp – don't touch the fondant until it is room temp. I am planning on making a strawberry cake for a friend of mine's b'day.
Moist Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Recipe by MyCakeSchool.com! This flavorful homemade strawberry cake recipe is one of our most popular, and with the addition of chocolate ganache and fresh strawberry slices, we have a new favorite Could I cover this cake with fondant? Fondant-covered cakes have a smooth, professional look that's easy to achieve. You can make Strawberry cake covered with fondant. 1kg using 17 ingredients and 26 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Strawberry cake covered with fondant. 1kg
- Prepare of CAKE; 300 gms all purpose flour.
- Prepare 200 gms of margarine.
- You need 200 gms of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of strawberry essence.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 of fresh / mala milk…Optional. you can opt to just use eggs.
- Prepare of fondant.
- It’s 850 gms of icing sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tbsp of gelatin.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Cold water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tbsp of White fat./ Blueband..
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tbsp of Glucose syrup..
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla essence (clear).
- Prepare of Corn starch for dusting.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Glycerine..
- Prepare of Colour of your choice…optional.
Roll the fondant until it is the size you need. Cover the cake with the jelly and let it dry. Roll out the fondant on a table dusted lightly with cornstarch. Rinse the strawberries and puree with the sugar and lemon juice in a blender.
Strawberry cake covered with fondant. 1kg instructions
- CAKE…Measure n weigh all your ingredients. Sieve your flour n baking powder n set aside..
- Grease n dust your baking tin..
- Pre heat your oven to 160 degrees..
- In a mixing bowl, add margarine n whisk abit..
- Add sugar n continue mixing till both bond n sugar dissolve completely..
- Add eggs one by one as u mix..
- Add strawberry essence n mix..
- Add milk little by little as you fold in your flour. Do it lightly till you attain the right consistency (Dropping consistency)..
- Pour the batter in the baking tin n put it in the oven if possible at the centre shelf.. Can as well use jiko or gas..
- Bake for 45 mins or until a skewer inserted inside come out dry n clean..
- Remove it when ready n let it cool..
- Mean while be working on your fondant..
- FONDANT….Sift the icing sugar in a plastic bowl. Make a well in the middle n set aside..
- In another bowl, add your measured cold water, sprinkle gelatin on top, let it settle for a minute..
- Add your glucose in that bowl with water n gelatin..
- Add in the same bowl, vanilla essence, glycerine, white fat tho i tried blueband n it worked..
- Put little water in a sufuria n put in the small bowl with those named ingredients n stir the contents until all mix together..
- Pour that mixture in the well that you made in the middle of icing sugar..
- Using your hands, mix them well until everything come together. Knead as if your making chapati dough..
- Continue adding icing sugar to make your fondant firm n soft to work with..
- Transfer the fondant in a cornstarch floured surface n continue kneading till you attain a smooth kind of elastic dough/ fondant..
- If adding colour, do it at this point..
- Wrap it in a cling film, or put it in an airtight container to relax. If using it immediately, let it rest for 30-45 mins then roll it like chapati. Apply some little butter cream on your already cooled cake then cover it with fondant. Using fondant, you can create any design of your choice using fondant/ cookie cutters..
- The fondant can also be kept for later use..
- Continue learning as u enjoy your home made goodies..
- Suprise your loved ones n let them enjoy. Cookpad..making everyday cooking fun..
This gift is going to be a perfect delight for her senses. If you are covering a cake or cupcakes with rolled fondant, lightly cover with a glaze or buttercream frosting first to create a smooth surface. Knead fondant before rolling it out. Once you have covered your cake or cupcakes with fondant, the fun cake decorating begins! It's kind of like playing with play dough now.