Poor-mans pudding (aramans/malva pudding). Pat it into a rounded shape and place in a casserole dish. Reviews for: Photos of Poor Man's Pudding. It was the final theatrical film directed by Gilles Carle.
A sweet pudding of Dutch origin, Malva Pudding is usually served hot with custard or ice-cream. Made with apricot jam, this typical South African dessert has a spongy, caramelised texture. Malva Pudding – a sweet decadent South African dessert with a caramelized exterior and spongy interior soaked in tasty warm butter. You can make Poor-mans pudding (aramans/malva pudding) using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Poor-mans pudding (aramans/malva pudding)
- You need of for the cake.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of caramel essence.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 3 tbsp of apricot jam.
- You need 3/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- It’s of for the sauce.
- It’s 2 can of evaporated milk.
- It’s 2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
May be you need a dessert to add to your repertoire that you can serve for your African theme party. A syrupy pudding with a cakey topping. A traditional French-Canadian recipe that is very common in Quebec. A syrupy "pudding" with a cakey topping.
Poor-mans pudding (aramans/malva pudding) step by step
- preheat oven to 180°F. Celsius.
- Sieve flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a medium mixing bowl.
- add the milk, baking soda, jam, butter and caramel essence and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed until completely blended.
- pour mix into a baking tray(35 by 20cm) and bake for 25minutes..
- while cake is baking make the sauce. mix evaporated milk, vanilla essence and sugar in a pan and heat until the sugar is dissolved..
- once the cake is done, pour the sauce over the cake a little at a time and allow the cake to soak it up. I only ever use half the sauce and it is nice and moist, but you can use more if you like.
- serve warm with custard and cream.
Maple Chomeur is a very popular traditional dessert in Quebec, supposedly dating back to the Depression era. We enjoyed this particular Maple Chomeur pudding at the end of our last weekend brunch for a warm, sweet, sticky ending to my favourite meal. YOU see," said poet Blandmour, enthusiastically—as some forty years ago we walked along the road in a soft, moist snowfall, toward the end of March—"you see, my friend, that the blessed almoner, Nature, is in all things beneficent ; and not only so, but considerate in her charities. Share something about Poor Man's Pudding (Pudding chômeur). Print recipe An easy, melt-in-the-mouth malva pudding recipe – always a good idea!