Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options. Ever find yourself craving something comforting and sweet, yet you'd rather not spend the time whipping up an elaborate dessert that will leave you with lots left over? This is the perfect opportunity to make a single-serving vegan mug cake! And what's great about this mug cake is that it's seriously easy to make, and, as it's refined sugar free, it's also.
No one can ever tell they aren't full of fat and calories! But while traditional carrot cake may seem healthy (it's made with a vegetable!), it is secretly full of so much sugar, fat, and empty calories that you might as well be eating a Snickers bar. This delicious low fat Mediterranean Diet Friendly Carrot Cake is made with fresh carrots and whole wheat flour. You can have Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options
- It’s 1/4 of flax egg (1 teaspoon flax, 2 teaspoons water) (or 1/4 of an egg).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoons of oil, I used safflower.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated carrot.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of applesauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 2.5 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sugar (I used demerara).
- You need 1.5 teaspoons of coconut flakes (optional, will increase fat content).
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Frosting.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cream cheese or vegan cream cheese.
- You need 2 teaspoons of soy milk.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of maple sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Options for low and no sugar. The recipe is moist, healthy and simple. It's egg-free, dairy-free & easy to make! A healthy and delicious raw vegan carrot cake that is low in fat, gluten-free, and filled with nothing but the good stuff.
Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 F..
- Mix ground flax and water to form a flax egg. Let it sit for a minute, then add the oil and vanilla. Mix..
- Add the carrots, applesauce, and walnuts. Mix..
- In a separate bowl add the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt. Mix..
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix..
- Lightly grease an oven safe mug. Spoon mixture into mug, pat down and smooth..
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes. Then use a knife to work around the edge and remove the cake. Let cool completely..
- Mix the frosting ingredients and put frosting on cake. Enjoy!.
recipe by wgreen39 @cookpad
Yes, you can have your cake AND The first was my Apple Rose Caramel Tart (above) and the second was these Carrot Cake Bites. I away though carrot cake would be hard to make. Carrot cake "needs" to be two layers, so a bit of a change in baking. A few changes and options in ingredients, and since I was doing layers, I needed. The best chocolate vegan mug cake out there!