Chilled Somen Noodle Soup (Essence of Tomato).
You can make Chilled Somen Noodle Soup (Essence of Tomato) using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chilled Somen Noodle Soup (Essence of Tomato)
- Prepare 1 kg of cherry tomatoes or ripe tomatoes, quartered.
- Prepare of For Soup (Essence of Tomato) to make ahead.
- It’s Half of a shallot, peeled and roughly chopped.
- It’s 1/2 stick of celery, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1/2 clove of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped.
- Prepare Handful of basil, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 3 drops of Tabasco.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of For noodles and garnish.
- Prepare 2 bundles of (colourful) somen noodles or capellini.
- Prepare 2 slices of Prosciutto Crudo/Parma Ham.
- You need 2 of breakfast radishes.
- You need 1 of black olive (or a few black sesame seeds or some nori seaweed).
- Prepare 1 of yellow pepper.
- You need of Some edible leaves such as nasturtium, basil, or even cucumber skin.
Chilled Somen Noodle Soup (Essence of Tomato) instructions
- A day before. To make essence of tomato, put all the ingredients except for the olive oil into a food processor and pulse 5-6 times to chop tomatoes to a chunky, coarse "salsa"..
- Transfer the tomato mixture to a large glass bowl, cover and let it marinade in the fridge for 6 hours if possible..
- Line a non metallic sieve with muslin, cheese cloth or jay cloth. Tie up with string and hang in a cold place (or in the fridge) over the bowl to collect the tomato essence. Set aside the pulp. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary. Keep it refrigerated until needed..
- On the day. Blanch the radishes and cool them, if preferred..
- Wrap a radish with a slice of Parma ham/prosciutto and shape each it to resemble a gold fish..
- Using a cookie cutter, cut a few stars out of the pepper..
- Tie one end of somen noodle bundles with thread and cook them according to the packet instructions. Drain and cool when cooked..
- Arrange the noodles and garnishes. Pour the chilled essence of tomato and it is ready to serve..
recipe by lilypal @cookpad