Butter-Free Strawberry Custard Tart.
You can make Butter-Free Strawberry Custard Tart using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butter-Free Strawberry Custard Tart
- Prepare of Healthy Tart Crust.
- It’s 100 grams of Pancake mix.
- Prepare 50 grams of Silken tofu.
- Prepare of For the Sponge Cake:.
- Prepare 15 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 25 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Egg (large).
- You need 2 tsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black cocoa powder (for a brown cake).
- You need of For the Soy Milk Custard:.
- You need 100 ml of Soy milk (or milk).
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cake flour or pancake mix.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Rum (optional).
- It’s 1 dash of Vanilla essence (optional).
- Prepare of For the Topping.
- Prepare 1 of pack Strawberries.
- Prepare 1 of Apricot jam (for glazing).
Butter-Free Strawberry Custard Tart step by step
- Prepare the tart crust. (Refer to.) Let it rest for at least an hour. While it's resting, prepare the custard. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/142713-butter-free-ultra-healthy-easy-tart-crust.
- To prepare the soy milk custard: Sift the flour into the rest of the ingredients and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 4 minutes at 600 W. Check on it every once in a while. Once it's done, cover with plastic wrap and let rest in the fridge..
- If using whipped cream (instead of custard): Make the whipped cream with 50 ml heavy cream after the sponge cake is baked..
- Bake the tart crust in a 170℃ oven for 15 minutes. Using pie weights will make it look pretty. When it is finished baking, flatten the base with your fingers..
- Prepare the sponge cake while baking the tart crust. Combine the egg and sugar in a bowl. Mix the batter until it thickens over a double broiler..
- Sift in the flour and add oil. Mix with a hand mixer at low speed. Pour the batter into the baked tart crust and bake at 160℃ for 15 minutes..
- Once the cake is cooled, pour in the soy milk custard and arrange the strawberries on top..
- Glaze with apricot jam or sprinkle on powdered sugar. The tart will be easier to cut when cooled..
- Here is another healthy tart recipe that I used when I didn't have any tofu. I recommend this one when making a strawberry tart:. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/142764-easy-healthy-tart-crust.
- Here's the tart with plain sponge cake..
- Here's cocoa sponge cake with chocolate whipped cream. I added another 1/2 teaspoon of (black) cocoa to the batter..
- Here's a pink sponge cake with whipped cream..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad