Date and Walnut Cake Eggless.
You can cook Date and Walnut Cake Eggless using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Date and Walnut Cake Eggless
- You need of Dates /2 cups of Seedless.
- It’s of Walnuts roasted and chopped.
- It’s of All-purpose flour (maida) – approx. 3/4th cups.
- Prepare of Condensed Milk (I used Milkmaid) – approx.197 ml.
- Prepare of unsalted butter – approx.4 tbsps.
- It’s of Water.
- It’s of Baking Powder.
- You need of Baking Soda.
Date and Walnut Cake Eggless step by step
- Take a large bowl, sieve the APF, baking powder and baking soda in the bowl, mix the flours together with a whisk and set aside..
- Chop the dates finely, take a non-stick pan or a heavy bottom pan add the dates along with two table spoons of water. Cook the dates for 2 minutes just till the dates start to caramalise. Set aside to cool completely (20-25 minutes).
- In another pan, roast the walnut and chop them into chunks, let them cool completely..
- Add the dates and walnuts to the flour bowl and mix well, and then add the melted unsalted butter along with the condensed milk. Mix well till all the ingredients are well incorporated..
- Grease a 7 inch square pan, pour the batter in the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes @ 170 degrees celsius..
- Cool completely and serve with a hot cuppa or a large scoop vanilla ice cream..
recipe by Gauri Shirke @cookpad