You can make Eggs Benedict using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Eggs Benedict
- You need of For the benedict.
- Prepare 3/4 C. of or 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter.
- You need 3 of large egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp. of Fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of Cayenne.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of For the poached eggs:.
- Prepare 1 of Tbso. White distilled vinegar.
- You need of Sea salt.
- Prepare 8 of large eggs.
- It’s of For the hollandaise:and assembly:.
- Prepare 4 of English muffins, split.
- You need 8 slices of Canadian bacon or thick-cut ham.
- You need 2 Tbsp. of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/4 C. of Chopped chives or green onions.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of Chopped dill or 2 tsp. Dried dill.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Eggs Benedict instructions
- Make the hollandaise: Melt the butter in a small pot over medium-high heat until it's foamy but not yet beginning to brown, 3-4 minutes..
- Place egg yolks and 2 tsp. water into a blender. Start blender and then very slowly add the hot, melted butter until fully combined. Add lemon juice and cayenne, season with salt and pepper. Pour into a bowl with plastic wrap directly on the surface so the top doesn't create a skin on top. Set aside..
- Poach the eggs: Crack eggs into a strainer and let the watery whites run out. There will still be whites remaining. Fill a sauce pan with 3 inches of water. Add vinegar and salt and bring to a simmer. Just starting to bubble not boil. Using a spoon stir water until it is swirling. Carefully drop 1 or 2 eggs at a time into center of vortex, allowing the whites to envelop the yolks. 4-5 minutes until whites are set and yolk still runny. Repeat with remaining eggs..
- Use splotted spoon to remove eggs and place on paper towels or clean dish towel to drain..
- Toast choice of bread in toaster or oven until golden brown..
- Cook Canadian bacon or ham in a skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown and just crisp around the edges. About 6 minutes..
- Assemble: Place 8 halves of bagels or choice of bread on a plate and butter generously. Top each with Canadian bacon or ham, and poached egg. Spoon hollandaise sauce over top and aprinle with dill, sea salt, cayenne and pepper..
recipe by Danielle Barnes @cookpad