You can have Spiced Cake using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spiced Cake
- You need 220 gr of all purpose flour.
- It’s 50 gr of milk powder (optional).
- It’s 2 tsp of spikkoek powder (5 spice powder).
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon powder (I love cinnamon, so I made 2 tsp instead).
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 7 of large eggs.
- It’s 150 gr of palm sugar.
- Prepare 50 gr of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 100 ml of canola oil or melted butter.
- You need 20 pieces of chopped almond or walnuts.
Spiced Cake instructions
- Prepare your oven at 170°C or 338°F (if you're using smaller oven like mine, set it at 140°C 302°F, otherwise it would be too hot and make the cake's surface crack and ends up with dry texture)..
- Prepare your mold, grease them with oil or butter and dusting with a flour, or just use non stick spray for it..
- Next, sprinkle your mold with chopped nuts to the bottom of your mold. (I didn't use nuts in that picture, but it would be wonderful if you add them in). Set aside..
- Prepare the mixing bowl of your standing mixer, add the eggs, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat them first with low speed to let them incorporate well without any mess, and after all blends up, increase to high speed. Beat them about 3-5 minutes or until thicken and fluffy and form ribbon stage would be better (using standing mixer), and turn your mixer off. Set aside..
- Add all of your rest dry ingredients into one bowl, and sift them straight over your fluffy batter. Fold them gently using spatula with flip down folding technique, until all mix well. (Look at the link that I had given to you above the recipe)..
- Next add the canola oil or the melted butter in, and fold them using the same technique. (In my opinion, using butter makes this cake has more rich of flavor and better fragrance, or you could just combine them both by using 50 ml canola oil and 50 ml melted butter, it's all up to you)..
- Use a spoon to distribute the batter into your mold, it's about 2 until 3 table spoon per cup..
- Bake them about 20 to 25 minutes, (If you're using one single large mold, you need to bake around 40 to 45 minutes, and you need to pay a good attention on your temperature as you are using a large mold, it takes longer time and needs low heat to be completely baked). Bake it using water bath method, by filling 2 cm of water to the outside of the mold, to prevent the cake become cracked or too dry, it keeps the moist of the cake..
- If you already smell the fragrance and the cakes already look dark brown, give a tooth pick test. If it comes out clean or with wet crumbs, it means you are done with the baking process. If it comes out with wet batter, add 5 to 10 minutes to make it completely baked..
- Take out your baked cake and let them cool inside the mold about 10 minutes on a cooling wire..
- Take out your cake from the mold, and ready to be served! Use icing sugar sprinkles as topping to make it looks gorgeous on your serving plate..
- Another pic that too good to be wasted. 😂😂😂.
recipe by Yanny Widjanarko @cookpad