Easy Vegan Carrot Cake.
You can have Easy Vegan Carrot Cake using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Easy Vegan Carrot Cake
- Prepare of For the cake.
- Prepare 135 g of carrot, peeled and grated.
- It’s 1 of lemon, zest only.
- Prepare 67 g of walnuts, chopped.
- You need 35 g of sultanas.
- Prepare 35 g of chopped pitted dates.
- Prepare 200 g of plain flour.
- You need 120 g of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground/grated nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 200 ml of almond milk.
- Prepare 80 ml of flavourless oil or melted dairy-free butter.
- You need of Lemon drizzle icing.
- Prepare 7 tbsp of Icing sugar.
- Prepare 1.5 Tbsp of lemon juice.
Easy Vegan Carrot Cake instructions
- Grease and line with baking parchment a loaf tin and preheat your oven to 180 degrees fan..
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarb, nutmeg, cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Pour in the almond milk and mix gently until smooth. Pour in the oil and mix until just incorporated..
- Tip in the carrot, walnuts, zest, raisins and chopped dates and fold in gently. Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 40-50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean..
- Leave to cool completely on a wire rack. When cool, remove from the tin, mix together the icing sugar and lemon juice until you have a thick, but dribbly icing and drizzle over the top. Grate over some extra zest for decoration..
recipe by Jodie Mann @cookpad