Khubani/Qubani ka Meetha. The Khubani ka Meetha is ready now. Serve Khubani ka Meetha, warm or chilled, plain or with some whipped cream. Qubani ka meetha is an Indian sweet made from dried apricots originating from Hyderabad.
Khubani Ka Meetha is an authentic hyderabadi delicacy made with dried apricots and is a traditional dessert often served here during occasions like weddings. Khubani or qubani or khobani is an urdu term for apricots. Apricots should be soaked overnight to make this scrumptious dessert. You can cook Khubani/Qubani ka Meetha using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Khubani/Qubani ka Meetha
- Prepare 300 gm of Apricots Dry.
- Prepare 150 gm of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Lemon juice (optional).
- It’s of Water as needed.
Khubani ka meetha is a very popular dessert of Hyderabadi cuisine. Preparation of the dish involves boiling apricots with syrup until they assume the consistency of a thick. Khubani or Qubani Ka Meetha is a famed dessert of South Asia. It was originated from Hyderabad, India however now it is widely considered as a sweet dish in different regions.
Khubani/Qubani ka Meetha step by step
- Wash the apricots and soak them in water for 5 hours..
- Deseed and chop well..
- Pour two cups of water in a pot and add the chopped apricots and sugar and lemon juice. Cover the pot and cook at medium heat until apricots becomes soft and pulpy..
- Now remove this from heat and tranfer the mixture to a serving dish..
- Finally serve with vanilla ice cream. This can be served also as filling with bread, chappathi, etc..
It is traditionally served at weddings events in Hyderabad however foodies with sweet tooth enjoy it in general as well. Khubani/ Qubani Ka Meetha is another famous Hyderabadi sweet dish made of dried Apricots & nuts. It is a popular at Hyderabadi feasts and weddings. Kubani Ka Meeta Recipe, Khoomani Meetha , How To Make Kubani Ka Meeta Recipe. Khubani ka Meetha is a loved and most savoured, Hyderabadi Dessert recipe.