You can cook Eggs Benedict using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggs Benedict
- Prepare of For the Hollandaise sauce.
- It’s 4 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 C. of Unsalted butter (1stick).
- You need Pinch of cayenne.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need of For the Eggs Benedict.
- It’s 8 slices of Canadian bacon or ham.
- You need 4 of split English muffins or bagels (I use everything bagels).
- You need 2 tsp of white vinegar.
- It’s 8 of eggs or egg whites (I use egg whites).
- You need of Salt and pepper for taste.
- Prepare of Hollandaise sauce from above.
- You need of Fresh chopped parsley.
Eggs Benedict instructions
- Start with the Hollandaise sauce. Vigorously whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together in a stainless steel bowl and until the mixture is thickened and doubled in volume…
- Place the bowl over a saucepan containing barely simmering water (or use a double boiler,) the water should not touch the bottom of the bowl..
- Continue to whisk rapidly. Be careful not to let the eggs get too hot or they will scramble..
- Slowly drizzle in the melted butter and continue to whisk until the sauce is thickened and doubled in volume..
- Remove from heat, whisk in cayenne and salt..
- Cover and place in a warm spot until ready to use for the eggs benedict. If the sauce gets too thick, whisk in a few drops of warm water before serving..
- Now for the eggs Benedict.Brown the Canadian bacon in a medium skillet and toast the English muffins or bagels..
- Fill a 10-inch nonstick skillet half full of water. Add white vinegar to the cooking water. This will make the egg white cook faster so it does not spread. Bring to a slow boil. Gently break 1 of the eggs into the water taking care not to break it. Repeat with remaining eggs. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Cook 3 1/2 minutes until the egg white is set and yolk remains soft. Remove with a slotted spoon, allowing the egg to drain.
- To assemble: Lay a slice of Canadian bacon on top of each muffin half, followed by a poached egg. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon hollandaise sauce over the eggs. Garnish with chopped parsley..
- Note: 1 whole muffin or bagel is 1 serving but I usually only use 1/2 of a muffin or bagel per serving for fewer calories and it is still filling. That's why it says 4-8 people.
recipe by Nessa @cookpad