Fondant. Find Out How To Make Delicious Fondant. For longer storage, roll fondant into a ball, then coat with a little vegetable shortening. If fondant is too soft or sticky to roll, knead in a little additional powdered sugar.
The fondant will give the cake a smooth, glossy surface. Fondant almost sounds too fancy to be fun, but with help from our experts here at Wilton, you'll be able to craft homemade fondant in no-time flat. Whether you're trying to cover a cake, make some flowers, craft a bee, make a bow, create a bouquet of roses, or just need to know how to work with, color or use fondant, we've got you covered. You can have Fondant using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Fondant
- You need of gelatin powder.
- It’s of glycerin.
- It’s of vanilla essence.
- You need of glucose syrup /light corn syrup.
- Prepare of to 1kg icing sugar.
- You need of shortening.
- You need of water.
Rolled fondant has the same texture of clay that is a little stiffer than you are used to, and poured fondant is a very gelatinous, thick liquid. We will not touch too much on poured fondant, as it is less common, but it is used for fillings or covering cakes. Flavoring Fondant is a lovely touch. Stir in a few drops of your favorite flavoring, such as almond, lemon, rose water or orange extract in place of vanilla in the recipe.
- Put gelatin powder in a bowl, add 1/4 cup water and mix..
- Pour the mixture in a metal pan and heat for about 40sec..
- Add in glycerin, vanilla and glucose syrup and mix..
- Sieve icing sugar, make a well and pour your liquid mixture and knead/ fold. You can add shortening while kneading..
- Incorporate the colour you wish to achieve and knead..
- Cover your fondant with cling film and store in an air tight container..
In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine the sugar and water. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until the mixture reaches the soft-ball. This basic fondant recipe is a very traditional, classic fondant recipe. It's kitchen alchemy of the best sort—you start with sugar, water, and corn syrup, and end up with a white, pliable, sugar paste. This rolled fondant recipe uses shortening and confectioner's sugar for a buttercream flavor with the appearance of traditional fondant.