You can have Goombah Jambalaya using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Goombah Jambalaya
- It’s 1/2 LB of Leftover Easter Ham.
- Prepare 4 of Smoked Sausages.
- You need 1 1/2 C. of Rice.
- It’s 1 of Red Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 1 Can of Dark Red Kidney Beans.
- Prepare 1 C. of Corn.
- You need 1/2 of Red Onion.
- Prepare 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare to taste of Thyme, Parsley, Oregano, Cumin, Curry, Cayenne, Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder, Paprika.
- You need of Olive Oil.
- It’s 3-5 Tablespoons of AP Flour.
- It’s 1 QT. of Water.
- You need 1 C. of Beer or Cider.
- Prepare of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare of Balsamic Vinegar.
Goombah Jambalaya step by step
- Add olive oil to a cold, heavy, cast iron dutch oven or stew pot. Brown the meat and then remove to a bowl..
- Add the onion to the oil and sautee until translucent. Add the garlic and bell pepper. Cook until softened. Sprinkle about 3-5 tablespoons of flour into the pot and cook about 1 minute..
- Once the flour seems to have disappeared, pour in all of the liquid except for the water. Deglaze the pot. Add the meat back in, as well as the beans, corn, rice, herbs and spices..
- Add the 1 QT of water and simmer on medium low for about 50 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Cook until desired viscosity has been achieved. Serve in warm bowls, topped with sour cream. Mangia Mangia!.
recipe by Thomas Garino @cookpad