You can have Fruit cake using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Fruit cake
- You need 1 1/2 cups of raisins.
- You need 3/4 cup of dates, pitted and chopped 3/4 cup candied pineapple, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of red and green candied cherries.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flaked coconut 3 cups all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of lemon zest.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
Fruit cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line a tube pan with 2 layers of brown paper, and grease well..
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix in raisins, dates, cherries, pineapple, walnuts, and coconut. Stir until all fruit is coated..
- In another large bowl, cream the butter with the white sugar. Add lemon rind, lemon juice, and eggs; mix well. Stir in fruit mixture. Spread batter into prepared pan..
- Bake for 2 hours or until a tester comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Your cake is ready.
recipe by Ayushi @cookpad