Are you tired of the same old boring sandwich? Do you want to try something new and exciting? Look no further than the rum raisin buttercream sandwich! This sandwich is not only delicious, but also easy to make with our 84 step-by-step instructions. So, let’s get started on this culinary adventure!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup rum-soaked raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 slices of bread
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar, a little bit at a time, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the rum-soaked raisins, vanilla extract, and salt until well-combined.
- Toast the bread slices until golden brown.
- Spread the buttercream mixture on one side of each bread slice.
- Place one slice on top of another to form a sandwich.
- Repeat with the remaining bread slices and buttercream mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
One sandwich contains approximately:
- Calories: 580
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 33g
- Carbohydrates: 66g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 49g
- Sodium: 240mg
Total time: 30 minutes
- Mixing bowl
This sandwich is perfect for a sweet and indulgent breakfast or brunch. It pairs well with a cup of coffee or tea.
You can add additional ingredients to the buttercream mixture to create different variations of this sandwich. Some ideas include:
- Chocolate chips
If you don’t have raisins, you can substitute them with another dried fruit, such as cranberries or cherries. You can also use a different type of bread, such as brioche or cinnamon swirl.
Store any leftover buttercream mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. The assembled sandwiches should be eaten immediately to prevent the bread from becoming soggy.
- Soak the raisins in rum for at least 30 minutes to ensure they are fully infused with flavor.
- Use room temperature butter to ensure it is easy to mix with the powdered sugar.
- Spread the buttercream mixture evenly on the bread slices to ensure all parts of the sandwich have the same flavor.
This recipe makes four sandwiches. You can adjust the measurements accordingly to make more or fewer sandwiches.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use salted butter?
Yes, but you may need to reduce the amount of salt in the recipe.
Can I make this sandwich ahead of time?
We recommend assembling the sandwich just before serving to prevent the bread from becoming soggy.
Can I use a different type of alcohol?
Yes, you can use a different type of alcohol, such as whiskey or brandy, but keep in mind that it may change the flavor of the sandwich.
This rum raisin buttercream sandwich is a delicious and indulgent treat that is perfect for a special breakfast or brunch. The buttercream mixture is easy to make and adds a sweet and creamy element to the sandwich. The rum-soaked raisins add a subtle boozy flavor that pairs well with the sweetness of the buttercream. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try!