Dark Chocolate Cupcakes. Treat the chocolate lovers of your family with this delicious cupcake – a perfect baked dessert. These super moist chocolate cupcakes pack TONS of chocolate flavor in each cupcake wrapper! Made from simple everyday ingredients, this easy cupcake recipe will be your new favorite.
These decadent cupcakes are perfectly chocolaty with a soft and moist crumb and that dark chocolate, cream cheese frosting – try not to eat it by the spoonful before you top the cupcakes! These dark chocolate cupcakes are ultra chocolatey. These Dark Chocolate Orange Cupcakes are so intense in flavors! You can cook Dark Chocolate Cupcakes using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
- It’s of All purpose flour.
- Prepare of Natural unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare of Baking soda.
- Prepare of Salt (omit if using salted butter).
- You need of Butter, room temperature.
- Prepare of Oil.
- It’s of White sugar.
- It’s of Eggs, room temperature.
- You need of Vanilla extract.
- You need of Milk (I used soured creamline milk, but buttermilk works as well or sour cream/milk or milk with 1/4tsp lemon juice or vinegar).
- It’s of Hot water.
- You need of Instant coffee granules.
Fluffy dark chocolate cupcakes frosted with tangy-sweet orange buttercream. Special Dark Chocolate Cupcakes-a moist delicate crumb with a rich dark chocolate flavor! I shared with you the most incredible White Buttercream Frosting the other day. I am looking for a good Dark Chocolate Cake.
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Prepare the muffin pans accordingly..
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, soda, salt, and cocoa and mix well with a whisk..
- Cream softened butter with sugar. The mixture won't quite come together like normal but once your done, it should look something similar to clumpy wet sand (exactly what you want to think of when you make cupcakes)..
- Add the eggs and oil to the butter mixture, making sure to mix thoroughly and scraping the bowl after each addition. Add the vanilla..
- Alternate dry ingredients and milk to the butter mixture, only mixing until just combined. You should start and end with the flour..
- In a separate cup, dissolve the coffee in the hot water. Add it to the batter, mixing on low speed until just combined. If you want a mellower chocolate taste, the coffee can be omitted or you can play around with the amounts. Just be careful about adding more as it can make the cupcakes bitter..
- Scoop into cups and bake for 15 min. If they need more time, drop the oven temperature to 350F/180C. Cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted comes out with a few moist crumbs. As opposed to some other cupcakes, these are a bit more forgiving if over baked..
- Let cool on a wire rack and then top accordingly. Pictured are chocolate cupcakes with raspberry purée inside and topped with a ganache. I also made a creamy peanut butter buttercream..
I love dark chocolate and raspberry together and the combo works beautifully in these cupcakes. I used bittersweet chocolate and dutch processed cocoa to create the dark chocolate flavor. Delicious super moist dark chocolate raspberry cupcakes with raspberry whipped cream frosting. Perfect to bake for parties and a great chocolate cupcake recipe for topping with whatever frosting. Peggy Cullen, the owner of Lucky Star Sweets, fills her tender chocolate cupcakes with a creamy, salty peanut butter mixture; then she dips the tops twice in a rich, silky chocolate ganache frosting.