Chickpea Nuggets (VEGAN).
You can have Chickpea Nuggets (VEGAN) using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chickpea Nuggets (VEGAN)
- Prepare of nuggets:.
- Prepare of chickpeas (425g), rinsed and drained well.
- Prepare of stock (use the amount of stock cube/powder to make a cup, but only add 1/4 cup water.).
- Prepare of vital wheat gluten.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- You need of vinegar, I used apple cider vinegar.
- You need of chicken spice.
- You need of to dust:.
- It’s of flour/crumbs, I used flour.
- Prepare of parprika.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
- It’s of thyme leaves, I recommend fresh.
- You need of Hot sauce of your choice / Plant based milk.
- Prepare of Oil for deep frying.
Chickpea Nuggets (VEGAN) step by step
- Its important to get the measurements for the nuggets right to assure the perfect texture. Put all the ingredients for the nuggets in a food processor (not blender) and process until chickpeas is fine but not a paste and all the ingredients is well incorporated. If you don't have a blender, I'm sure you can just mash the chickpeas first and then add in the rest of the ingredients..
- You should have a ball of dough at this point, knead it just a few times to help develop the gluten and to bind everything together. Cover it and let it rest for 15min in the fridge. After resting time, shape your nuggets into rectangles, do not make them thicker than 1cm to ensure they cook through. I got 13 nuggets from this batch. Pack your nuggets apart in a steamer on the stove and steam for about 25 min..
- You will notice they will swell up as they steam. Once removed from steamer let them cool down a bit. Heat up your oil. Mix your dry ingredients for the dusting together. Dip your cooled down nuggets in the hot-sauce or plant milk and then in the flour until you have covered them all. Deep fry for 20-30 seconds or until golden brown. Serve immediately and with a dipping sauce of your choice..
recipe by Mia @cookpad