Coffee & Walnut cake.
You can make Coffee & Walnut cake using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coffee & Walnut cake
- It’s 1 bowl of wheat flour.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of curd.
- It’s 1 bowl of jaggery.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 of small sachet of coffee.
- It’s 1 handful of raisins and walnuts for decorating.
- Prepare 1/2 bowl of mixed dry fruits.
Coffee & Walnut cake step by step
- Measure and gather all the ingredients for making batter..
- Add cooking oil, jaggery and curd in a mixer jar and grind to a fine paste on pulse mode 3-4 times till it becomes fluffy. Add wheat flour and milk and churn again..
- Now add green cardamom powder and 2 packets of coffee and churn on pulse mode. Add baking powder and baking soda and churn again..
- Grease a bowl all over its base and sides. Then dust it with wheat flour..
- Place salt in cooker base. Insert a stand or bowl in cooker and preheat it for 10 minutes..
- Place walnuts pieces on the base of greased bowl and then pour whole mixture immediately in the dish tap it. Garnish with walnuts and raisins. Place this bowl carefully in cooker and place the lid. Remove its weight and bake/cook on medium low flame for 35 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Let it cool now demould cake by moving a knife on its sides. Place a plate on it and move cake mould upside down on plate and tap back side of cake mould. It will come on plate smoothly..
- Cut cake in pieces and serve..
recipe by Aruna Thapar @cookpad