Dates and walnut cake.
You can make Dates and walnut cake using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dates and walnut cake
- Prepare 2 cups of dates.
- Prepare 1 cup of hot milk for dates soaking.
- You need 1/4 cup of curd.
- You need 3/4 cup of oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 5-6 of Chopped dates.
Dates and walnut cake step by step
- Cut dates into two pieces and deseed all. Soak in hot milk for 1 hour. Blend it into smooth paste..
- Add oil and curd to dates paste and beat it well until mix properly..
- Sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt..
- Add slowly and gradually flour mixture. Add milk as required. Beat it well..
- Pour the mixture into greased and dusted tin..
- Sprinkle nuts..
- Place a big vessel on flame. Put salt in it and place a wire stand into it. Cover it so that heat does not come out. Preheat it for 5-10 minutes on medium flame..
- Now bake in a hot vessel for 45-50 minutes to 1-hour on medium flame or until done. Check with a toothpick. When it comes out clean then cake cooked well..
- Left for more than 5-10 minutes they cool it by transferring it on a wire rack. And serve..
recipe by Neha Bansal @cookpad