Vickys Christmas Cranberry & Pistachio Cookies, GF DF EF SF.
You can make Vickys Christmas Cranberry & Pistachio Cookies, GF DF EF SF using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vickys Christmas Cranberry & Pistachio Cookies, GF DF EF SF
- It’s of gluten-free / plain flour (3 cups).
- Prepare of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- It’s of sunflower spread / butter (1 cup).
- It’s of golden caster sugar (3/4 cup).
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of chopped dried cranberries (1/3 cup).
- You need of chopped shelled pistachios (3/8 cup).
- It’s of cold water as needed to bind.
- Prepare of icing sugar to decorate.
Vickys Christmas Cranberry & Pistachio Cookies, GF DF EF SF step by step
- In a bowl, rub together the flour, xanthan gum if using, salt and butter with your fingertips to form breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and knead into a dough, adding a few drops cold water as required to help it come together.
- Knead in the nuts and cranberries then form a sausage shape from the dough about 4cm in diameter.
- Wrap in clingfilm and chill for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line a baking tray.
- Cut the dough into 24 pieces and roll into balls, then flatten with the palm of your hand. I find it easiest to cut the dough into quarters then mark with a knife 6 lines on each quarter sausage then cut through into even slices.
- Place on the baking tray and bake for 14 – 18 minutes until slightly golden.
- Let sit on the baking tray a couple of minutes before cooling completely on a wire rack then dust lightly with icing sugar.
- You can freeze half of the dough for later use if required. It'll keep for around 3 months.
- You can leave out the pistachios if you can't tolerate nuts or exchange them for sunflower seeds.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad