Risoles with chicken ragoet (creamy) filling – Indonesian Snack.
You can cook Risoles with chicken ragoet (creamy) filling – Indonesian Snack using 28 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Risoles with chicken ragoet (creamy) filling – Indonesian Snack
- It’s of Filling***.
- Prepare of 100 gr boil chicken cut square small/shredded.
- Prepare of carrots cut small square (if you have).
- You need of shredded cheese (i used mix of mozarella n cheddar).
- It’s of boil macaroni/ potato cut square small (I used potato can).
- It’s of spring onions slices thinly.
- Prepare of onion cut small square.
- It’s of tbp all purpose flour.
- Prepare of milk.
- It’s of chillies slices (optional).
- Prepare of garlic slices (optional).
- Prepare of white pepper.
- It’s of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare of sweetener / sugar.
- Prepare of chicken powder knorr (optional).
- Prepare of condense milk (optional).
- It’s of salt (add if need it).
- It’s of butter to fry.
- It’s of Pancake/wrapper***.
- You need of all purpose / cake flour.
- It’s of semi skimmed milk (add if need it).
- It’s of eggs – medium.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of oil.
- It’s of The finishing***.
- Prepare of pancake butter.
- Prepare of eggs.
- Prepare of Breadcrumbs or panko (I prefer breadcrumbs).
Risoles with chicken ragoet (creamy) filling – Indonesian Snack step by step
- Filling: In a pan/wok, heat the butter till melted, and start frying the onion, garlic n chillies till fragrant..
- Put the flour little by little while mixing this then start pour the milk. Keep mixing. It wont be smooth, but its ok..
- Add the shredded chicken, carrots (if you have), spring onion. Also add the sugar, nutmeg, knorr, and salt. Dont put too much salt if you are using cheese. Put the potatoes. Last, put the shredded cheese, mix well then turn it off. Taste it. It should taste savoury with a bit of sweetness. Set aside..
- The pancake. In a bowl, put the flour and salt, mixed. Then put the rest of the ingredients. Stirred till smooth. I prefer to use mixer for this, as the pancake will be smooth. This batter should be watery/very thin..
- Start by heating a small pan (I used 15-20cm teflon). When its hot, turn it down to middle heat..
- Pour the batter (I used 1/4cup), and move it around so it cover all the surface (like you make crepes). If you thinks its not thin enough, add the milk.
- Keep an eye on it. When you see its done (still white, dont let it go brown). Turn it over in a plate (it should be easily peel off when its done). We only need to cooked 1 side..
- Keep doing this till finish. I prefer to start filling everytime a pancake finish. So it still warm and easier to used..
- Finishing: put a pancake in plate or chopping board. Use a teaspoon to add the filling in the middle. And follow the picture. You basically making an envelope..
- Prepare the finishing. Use 2 separate bowl. For dipping (egg mix with batter) and for breadcrumbs..
- Put the risoles in the dipping with your left hand, move it to the breadcrumb bowl. Using your right hand, cover all areas with it. And put it aside. By using both hands, your risoles will stay dry..
- Do this to all the risoles. It is better to put in fridge about an hour or so before you fry them, as it will stick better, but its not a must. You can also leave it in fridge till a couple of day. (This can be freeze too)..
- Frying: use pan and cover with oil, it should cover the risoles (or at least half of it). Heat it up and when its hot, turn it down just a bit..
- Start frying one side till its a bit brown, then fry the other side. It shouldn’t take long as its already cooked anyway. 1-2minutes of each side. And its done 🙂 this can be eat on its own, or can be eat with chillies or sauces (example: dip in peanut sauce, chili sauce or my fave is mayonnaise mixed with chilly sauce (ABC brand)..
recipe by Sweet Cabe @cookpad