Vickys Christmas Stollen Bread, GF DF EF SF.
You can have Vickys Christmas Stollen Bread, GF DF EF SF using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Christmas Stollen Bread, GF DF EF SF
- Prepare of gluten-free flour / bread flour.
- You need of xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- Prepare of dried yeast.
- It’s of sugar.
- It’s of raisins.
- Prepare of candied lemon peel.
- You need of candied orange peel.
- You need of rum.
- It’s of ground mace.
- Prepare of ground aniseed.
- It’s of ground cinnamon.
- You need of flaked almonds.
- You need of fresh grated lemon zest.
- It’s of coconut milk.
- You need of dairy free spread such as gold foil Stork etc.
- You need of marzipan (check label as some are not egg-free).
Vickys Christmas Stollen Bread, GF DF EF SF instructions
- Soak the raisins and candied peels in the rum and set aside. Mix the flour with the xanthan gum if using, the yeast and the sugar. Melt 100g of the margarine and combine with the warmed milk and ground spices. Make a well in the flour and add the liquid. Mix then knead until you form a smooth dough.
- Knead in the almonds, rum raisin mix and grated lemon zest. Lightly oil a large bowl, put the dough in and cover with a tea towel. Leave to rise in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size, an hour or 2.
- Take the dough out and knead again well. Leave to rise again for a further 20 minutes if using wheat based flour.
- Divide the dough in two and knead each down into a rectangle. Make 2 sausage shapes from the marzipan and lie in the middle of each dough rectangle. Wrap the dough around the marzipan and form a loaf shape. Place on a baking sheet and let rise again for another hour. Bake at gas 4 / 180C / 350°F for 40 minutes or until ready.
- Brush the loaves with the the 30g of remaining melted margarine then dust with some icing/powdered sugar. Wait 15 minutes then liberally dust again.
- Will keep for 1 week in an airtight container.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad