The Rose Family's Beetroot Chocolate Cake. Nigel Slater's beetroot and chocolate cake is a great introduction to this delicious and surprising combination. Try it with a dollop of crème fraîche. Melt the chocolate in a bowl suspended over a pan of hot water (do not allow the bottom of the bowl to touch the water), then pour in the hot coffee.
Just try not to scoff them before you decorate. A simple Beetroot and chocolate cake recipe for you to cook a great meal for family or friends. Sieve the cocoa, flour, baking powder and sugar into a large mixing bowl. You can cook The Rose Family's Beetroot Chocolate Cake using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The Rose Family's Beetroot Chocolate Cake
- You need 1 large of Beetroot.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 65 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 55 grams of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of from half a lemon Lemon zest.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 75 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 25 grams of Cocoa powder.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Cream Cheese Frosting.
Beetroot makes this chocolate cake incomparably moist. It's so delicious, in fact, that you may never bake a regular chocolate cake again! Make our Flour-Free Chocolate & Beetroot Cake recipe on HOUSE – design, food and travel by House & Garden. This can easily be made dairy- and Put the chocolate pieces in the bowl and allow to melt over a low heat, then mix in the oil.
The Rose Family's Beetroot Chocolate Cake step by step
- Peel the beetroot and either julienne or finely grate it. Pat away any excess liquid with a paper towel. Sift together the dry ingredients..
- Beat the egg, add it to the granulated sugar, and whisk the mixture together until the mixture becomes pale and fluffy. Then pour in the vegetable oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice in that order..
- Mix the beetroot into the mixture from Step 2. Lastly, mix in the dry ingredients, and pour the batter into a tin that has been lightly greased with butter..
- Bake the cake for 30 minutes in an oven preheated to 180°C. Pierce the baked cake with a skewer, and if the skewer comes out clean, it's ready..
- I recommend icing it with this Cream Cheese Frostingonce the cake has cooled. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/144361-cream-cheese-frosting.
- You could either sandwich 2 slices of this cake together with the above frosting, or make a simple icing from equal parts cream cheese and butter with a little powdered sugar to sweeten..
Gently stir the chocolate and oil into the cake mixture until well. You may not think that beetroot and chocolate would go together but this has to be tried to be believed – the rich and moist cake goes perfectly with the Add the grated beetroot and cocoa and blend well. Finally, sift in the flour and bicarbonate of soda and mix again. Divide the mixture between the cake. The grated beetroot balances out the sweetness of chocolate and helps keep the loaf cake moist.