You can make Fruit cake using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Fruit cake
- It’s of raisins.
- You need of dates, pitted and chopped 3/4 cup candied pineapple, diced.
- You need of red and green candied cherries.
- It’s of chopped walnuts.
- You need of flaked coconut 3 cups all-purpose flour.
- You need of baking powder.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of sugar.
- Prepare of lemon zest.
- It’s of eggs.
- It’s of lemon juice.
Fruit cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line a tube pan with 2 layers of brown paper, and grease well..
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix in raisins, dates, cherries, pineapple, walnuts, and coconut. Stir until all fruit is coated..
- In another large bowl, cream the butter with the white sugar. Add lemon rind, lemon juice, and eggs; mix well. Stir in fruit mixture. Spread batter into prepared pan..
- Bake for 2 hours or until a tester comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Your cake is ready.
recipe by Ayushi @cookpad