Yugoslavia Dream Bars A.K.A "Christmas Cookies". Great recipe for Yugoslavia Dream Bars A. My daughter had international day and her class got Yugoslavia. We made Dream Bars or aka Christmas cookies.
A layer of buttery cookie sits under jam, which sits under fluffy meringue, which sits under nuts — yes, each layer is delicious, and yes, they combine into an utterly. Great recipe for Tornillos De Creams – Clothes Pin Puffs. This is one of my families favorite treats tornillos de crema. You can cook Yugoslavia Dream Bars A.K.A "Christmas Cookies" using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Yugoslavia Dream Bars A.K.A "Christmas Cookies"
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 pound of butter (I used salted).
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 4 of large egg whites.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon extract.
- Prepare 1/4 of chopped walnuts.
- You need 1 of 9×13 pan.
- Prepare of Blackberry jam or any flavor you like that goes well the lemon.
The clothes pin pastry puff are the best. We have them for snack, deserts, we have them at parties and even a quick breakfast with coffee.:).please try them and if any. We made Dream Bars or aka Christmas cookies. We made Dream Bars or aka Christmas cookies.
Yugoslavia Dream Bars A.K.A "Christmas Cookies" instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Cream butter and 1/2 cup ofsugar together thoroughly; add egg yolk and salt and combine. Add flour and combine. Pat mixture into a 9X13 inch.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add 1 cup sugar. Continue to beat until you reach a meringue consistency. Gently fold in ground walnuts and lemon extract..
- Spread jelly over dough mixture in the pan.
- Swirl meringue over jelly. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts..
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Let it cool and then cut into square. Decorate with fresh mint and fruit of choice..
- Serve and enjoy !!!! I would love to here feed back. Even if you made adjustments that's great too !!.
- This was the raspberry with the lemon meringue No Walnuts – Non traditional.
- This was the traditional with blackberry and walnuts.
To make it like the picture I just a take a cookie cutter in the shape that you like. Take the pie sheet and use a heart cookie cutter and start placing them on the pie shell and as you put them use the egg was as glue and stick them together. See great recipes for Uyu-sikppang (with christmas cookie spices and cocoa) too! Beat in egg yolks; stir in flour. Our family recipe seems to be a meld of some of these, omitting the meringue layer that many have. – Yugoslavia Dream Bars A.