Cabbage with Beef and Potatoes. Paddy than with a showstopping feast of beef, cabbage, carrots, and potatoes. Traditional Corned Beef & Cabbage Corned Beef is a homemade brine that slow cooks to tender perfection along side cabbage, carrots and potatoes this is a meal in one that is perfect for St. However, the people of Ireland rarely indulged in the consumption of beef.
Stir beef bouillon into beef broth in a bowl until dissolved; pour over stew meat. Making corned beef and cabbage in the slow cooker is a popular method for making corned beef and cabbage—and it's also the easiest. It's a tasty recipe for busy weeknight meals for the family. You can cook Cabbage with Beef and Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Cabbage with Beef and Potatoes
- Prepare 1/2 pound of Yukon gold potatoes.
- You need 1 pound of ground sirloin.
- Prepare 1-1/4 pound of savory cabbage.
- Prepare 14 ounces of diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 teaspoon of granulated onion powder.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 2 teaspoon of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of red wine.
You can easily adapt this to a Keto diet plan by omitting the potatoes. Furthermore, if you're not a fan of cabbage alter the recipe and enjoy Sausage Potato Hash instead. Grease a baking dish with some vegetable oil. Start with a layer of half the sliced potatoes, then add ground meat and savoy cabbage.
Cabbage with Beef and Potatoes step by step
- Dice the potatoes, chop the cabbage, brown the beef, add seasonings and the tomatoes. Stir everything together..
- Add red wine to the stirred up cabbage mixture. Simmer on low heat 30 minutes covered then stir in the red wine vinegar and adjust seasonings. Stir again cover let rest 15-20 minutes covered. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
Cover with the remaining sliced potatoes and pour the béchamel over the whole thing. Distribute all the beef slices, in a single layer, over the cabbage. (The pan should be about half full: press down on the beef if it looks like you need more room for the rest of the vegetables.) Lay the remaining potato slices on top of the beef slices, spread the rest of the cabbage evenly over the slices, and season with the remaining. Layer the Velveeta cheese slices on top. Then spread on all of the meat mixture. Add another layer of the cabbage, then another layer of potatoes and salt & pepper to taste.