#fondantchallenge Making Fondant.
You can cook #fondantchallenge Making Fondant using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of #fondantchallenge Making Fondant
- It’s of unflavored powdered gelatin.
- Prepare of cold water.
- You need of glucose syrup.
- You need of glycerin.
- You need of shortening.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- It’s of sifted powdered sugar.
#fondantchallenge Making Fondant step by step
- Pour ¼ cup of cold water into a heat-proof bowl and sprinkle 2 teaspoons of unflavored powdered gelatin over it. Leave the gelatin to hydrate for 5 to 10 minutes. It should start to look thick and gel-like..
- Heat the gelatin over simmering water until it melts. Pour about 1 inch (2.5 cm) of water into a pan and turn the burner to medium. When the water begins to simmer, place the bowl with the gelatin in the pan so it sits over the water. Continue to heat the gelatin gently until it melts. You can stir the gelatin at this point to help dissolve..
- Add 1/2 cup of glucose syrup or corn syrup to the melted gelatin along with 1 tablespoon of glycerin and 2 tablespoons of shortening. Stir the mixture and heat it until the ingredients melt..
- Turn off the burner and wear oven mitts to carefully lift the bowl out of the pan. Then, stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and set the mixture aside to cool until it's lukewarm..
- Put the powdered sugar into a large bowl so you have room to pour in the cooled gelatin mixture. Then, stir it well with a wooden spoon.The mixture should look sticky and stretchy at this point..
- Continue to stir in the remaining 4 cups of powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. Depending on how firm you want your fondant, you may not need all of the powdered sugar. You can stop adding the powdered sugar once it becomes difficult to incorporate..
- Sprinkle corn flour over your work surface and turn the fondant onto it. Then, coat your hands with some powdered sugar and knead the fondant until it's soft and easy to work with..
- To color your fondant, add a few drops of liquid gel food colouring. Mix in the color and add more until it's as bright as you like..
- Roll the fondant and cover the cake that has already been crumb coated with butter icing. Cut out the flowers and designs desired..