Fondant Cake. So you want to fondant a cake, but you've heard it's too difficult? It may seem challenging, but it's not as hard as you might think. Cake Decorating with Fondant: Kneading, Rolling and Storing
Once you have covered your cake or cupcakes with fondant, the fun cake decorating begins! Fondant cake designs can be smooth and simple or elaborate and elegant. A smooth, fondant cake is beautiful even without extensive decorations, and fondant is a popular choice for wedding cakes. You can have Fondant Cake using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fondant Cake
- It’s of Fondant-.
- Prepare of Castor Sugar.
- Prepare of Maizena.
- Prepare of Glycerine.
- You need of Agar Agar.
- You need of Icing Sugar for dusting.
- You need of Glucose Syrup.
- It’s of Sponge Cake-.
- Prepare of Condensed Milk.
- Prepare of Flour.
- You need of Butter.
- You need of Baking Powder.
- It’s of Soda.
- You need of Water.
- It’s of Vanilla Essence.
- You need of Buttercream for spreading.
Fondant Toppers, Fondant Cakes, Cupcake Cakes, Cake Topper Tutorial, Fondant Tutorial, Marzipan, Robocar Poli, Chocolate Garnishes, Making Fondant. Fondant and buttercream are popular cake coverings, but each has its own strengths and both coverings have variations and require different tools. It has a mild vanilla flavor. For colored fondant, knead in a dash of food coloring.
Fondant Cake instructions
- Firstly for the fondant,Soak the Agar Agar in water for 15 minutes.Now add to this Maizena and mix it to avoid Lumps.Now to this add Glucose Syrup,glycerine and castor sugar.Knead this very well and mix well.Put in a good wrap and let it rest for atleast 12 hours.Then dust it in Icing Sugar and then knead well once again.
- Divide the Fondant into 2 parts.Roll one part of it and then place over the cake.Now your fondant is ready.
- For the cake,Sieve together the flour,soda and Baking Powder.Beat the butter and condensed milk together.Pour in the water and essence and beat it again.Add the flour mixture to it and fold it well.Pour into a greased container and bake at 200°C for 40 Minutes.Now cut the cake sideways into 3 thick slices.In the first spread buttercream.Now put the second piece on top and then spread buttercream on it aswell.Now put the last slice on top and apply buttercream on it and on the sides of the cake.
- Place fondant on top..
- Now you may make other shapes from fondant and apply to the top of the cake and then decorate as you wish.Now it's ready to serve!.
Fondant icing, also commonly referred to simply as fondant (/ˈfɒndənt/, from the French: [fɔ̃dɑ̃] listen ), is an icing used to decorate or sculpt cakes and pastries. It is made from sugar, water, gelatin, vegetable fat or shortening, and glycerol. Watercolor Fondant Cake – my birthday cake this year. Layers of chocolate cake, brushed with raspberry syrup, homemade chocolate whipped cream and covered with hand painted "watercolor". Answer The best cake to use when covering with fondant is a cake that is firm.