Black Bean Stuffed Potato Skins. #potatoskins #vegan #glutenfree #blackbean Super tasty potato skins with black beans, peppers, and daiya vegan cheese. Perfect snack or appetizer for a bbq. Sweet potatoes- duh 🍠 I typically bake my sweet potatoes in he oven but I also have a written recipe for how I make them quickly in my Instant pot.
These Stuffed Potato Skins are serious comfort food. These Stuffed Potato Skins are serious comfort food. Plus I've got TEN more ideas for fillings below. You can cook Black Bean Stuffed Potato Skins using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Black Bean Stuffed Potato Skins
- You need 4 of russet potatoes, scrubbed well and dried.
- It’s as needed of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1/4 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of frozen corn.
- It’s 1/4 cup of salsa of choice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of chili powder.
- You need of juice from 1/2 lime.
- Prepare of shredded Colby jack cheese.
Tell me, do you eat stuffed potato skins with your hands. Stuffed potato skins = yummy comfort food. I am such a big fan of stuffed food. Whether it is stuffed peppers or stuffed potato cakes.
Black Bean Stuffed Potato Skins step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Slice the potatoes in half, length wise, and rub olive oil over the halves. Season the skin side with salt and pepper and lay them skin side down on a parchment lined baking tray. Bake for 40 or so minutes, flipping the potatoes every 10 minutes to keep them baking evenly and to prevent burning, until the potatoes are tender. Once they're done, remove them from the oven and start the filling while they cool slightly..
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the pepper and onion and cook until they have begun to soften, about 5 or so minutes. Then stir in the garlic, black beans, corn and seasonings. Stir and cook another couple of minutes until fragrant, then stir in the salsa. Remove from the heat and set it aside..
- Your potatoes should have cooled enough to handle by now. Use a spoon to hollow out the insides of each half, but leave enough potato on the bottom and around the sides to make sure the skins are still sturdy. Spoon the black bean filling into each potato half and top with some shredded cheese. Return them to the oven for 5-10 minutes, until the filling is nice and hot and the cheese has melted. Then that's it!.
You can use black beans or kidney beans like I did. On some days I prefer one over the other, it always depends on my mood and how well my pantry is stocked. Crispy sweet potato skins stuffed with mashed sweet potato, black beans, cherry tomatoes, chipotle, miso and coriander. These babies are to DIE for. These loaded potato skins are stuffed with black bean salad, vegan sour cream, and coconut bacon.