Simple Gratin Potatoes Recipe. These homemade au gratin potatoes are always welcome at our dinner table, and they're so simple to make. A perfect complement to ham, this homey potato gratin also goes well with pork, chicken and other entrees. —Cris O'Brien, Virginia Beach, Virginia. I thought this recipe was very, very good.
Onion potato gratin with sliced Yukon Gold potatoes, baked with onions, with heavy cream and Gruyere and Parmesan cheeses. With cheese, onions, and potatoes, how can one go wrong? Unless of course you are on a diet, in which case you should probably stay away from this one. You can make Simple Gratin Potatoes Recipe using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Simple Gratin Potatoes Recipe
- Prepare 8 of medium size Potatoes (thinly sliced).
- You need 2 tbs of Butter.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Chicken stock.
- You need 1 of onion (cut into dice).
- You need 1 clove of garlic (thinly sliced).
- You need to taste of Salt, Black pepper, and nutmeg.
- You need 175 gr of Bacon.
- It’s 100 gr of Grated Chees.
At its simplest, a gratin is sliced potatoes, a cup of whole milk (yes, milk though you're welcome to gild the lily with half, full and double creams) and a As I mentioned above, potato gratins are infinitely adaptable, so have fun with this recipe. We sautéed half a pound of thinly-sliced shiitakes with one. These Simple Au Gratin Potatoes are the perfect side for any menu. It's creamy and cheesy and so tasty!
Simple Gratin Potatoes Recipe step by step
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C..
- Heat the sliced potatoes in the microwave with the maximum heat for 4 minutes..
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, stir for about 1 minute..
- Add the flour, and stir constantly for one minute. Stir in milk, cream, salt, chicken stock, nutmeg, and black pepper. Cook until the sauce has thickened..
- Layer the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish (make it one layer). Top with the sauce, bacon, and cheese..
- Make the second layer of Potatoes, top with sauce, bacon, and cheese. Repeat until all potatoes, sauce, bacon and cheese are used..
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked well..
- Check the video, how did I make this recipe on my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/w9mJUKYOPuI.
This Simple Au Gratin Potatoes is an easy, creamy and delicious recipe for the perfect side addition to any meal. Pairs perfectly with any menu you may choose! Potatoes Au Gratin are a dinnertime staple around here! Tender potato and onion slices smothered in a quick cheesy sauce and baked until golden. This is one of our favorite easy side dish recipes.