Ham and cheese puff pastry.
You can have Ham and cheese puff pastry using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Ham and cheese puff pastry
- It’s 8 oz of whole grain mustard.
- You need 8 oz of Apricot preserves.
- Prepare 1 each of sheet of puff pastry.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Brown sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of White cheddar cheese shredded.
- Prepare 1 1/4 lb of ham.
Ham and cheese puff pastry instructions
- Pre heat oven to 425.
- Thaw out one sheet of puff pastry.
- As puff pastry is thawing mix the apricot preserves with whole grain mustard in a bowl.
- Once puff pastry is thawed sprinkle flour on your cutting board to keep from sticking and sprinkle some on the sheet of puff pastry and with rolling pin roll out the puff pastry to get rid of the creases in the sheet.
- Next spread the mixture of mustard and preserve on the puff pastry then on 1/2 of the puff pastry add 1 pound of the slice ham and then the one pound of cheese.
- Then fold the sheet over the ingredients like making a call one and seal it with your figures or a fork.
- Once sealed place on a baking sheet and make vents on top like you would a pie to let the steam out then crack the egg and beat it and add a teaspoon of water to make a egg wash and brush all over the puff pastry.
- Place into the oven and bake till golden brown all ovens are different mine took about 40 min to cook just keep an eye on it after 20 min of cooking.
- As it is cooking take the rest of the ham and add the brown sugar to a saute pan and cook till carmeized.
- Once it is finish cooking take out of the oven add the rest of the cheese and then the caramelized ham let cheese melt from the heat and then serve with any style off eggs you like I usually just make scrambled eggs.
recipe by chefwill29 @cookpad