Piping Hot Easy Pork Steamed Buns (Nikuman).
You can cook Piping Hot Easy Pork Steamed Buns (Nikuman) using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Piping Hot Easy Pork Steamed Buns (Nikuman)
- It’s of The dough:.
- You need 150 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s 350 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 40 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dry yeast.
- You need 280 ml of Lukewarm water.
- You need of The filling:.
- You need 200 grams of Ground pork.
- It’s 4 of to 5 Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 1 small of Boiled bamboo shoot (canned or vacuum packed).
- It’s 1 of several Green onions.
- It’s 1 of to 1 1 1/2 tablespoons Grated ginger.
- It’s of Seasoning ingredients:.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of plus Sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of plus Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- You need 1 dash of Pepper.
Piping Hot Easy Pork Steamed Buns (Nikuman) instructions
- Put the dried shiitake mushrooms in a heatproof container with water and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Microwave for 1 minute at 500 W, and leave for about 10 minutes. This will re-hydrate them quickly. Add lukewarm water to the dough ingredients in a bowl and mix well..
- Knead until it forms a dough ball, then cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise for 15 minutes. In the summer you can just do this at room temperature; in the winter, use the dough rising setting of your oven. Make the filling while the dough rises..
- Chop up the bamboo shoot, rehydrated shiitake mushrooms and green onion. Grate the ginger. Combine them all the the ground pork..
- Add the flavoring ingredients, and mix well with a spoon. The filling shouldn't get sticky, so use a spoon rather than your hands..
- Divide into 12 portions, approximately..
- After 15 minutes, the dough increases to about twice its original volume. Divide into 12 portions, approximately again..
- Form the dough into balls, roll flat and wrap around the filling..
- Line a steamer with kitchen parchment paper and steam for 15 to 18 minutes. Wipe the water droplets off the steamer lid occasionally (optional)..
- I steamed the buns for 18 minutes. (They look a bit wonky, but they're homemade.).
- I split one open..
- Addendum: If the dough is sticky, flour your hands and work them around the surface..