Light Waffles Made with Meringue.
You can have Light Waffles Made with Meringue using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Light Waffles Made with Meringue
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Granulated sugar.
- You need 50 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 100 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 100 grams of Cake flour.
Light Waffles Made with Meringue instructions
- Soften the butter in the microwave and leave to cool slightly. Sift the cake flour..
- Separate the eggs. Make meringue by whisking the egg whites, adding the sugar gradually until stiff peaks form..
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks and whisk in the melted butter a little at a time. Then add the milk and the sifted flour, and mix gently..
- Add in the meringue from Step 2 and carefully fold it in with a rubber spatula..
- Cook in a waffle maker. (I set my waffle maker to the medium setting and cooked for 3-4 minutes.).
- NOTE: Increasing the sugar to 50 g will produce deliciously sweet waffles that are great even without a topping (however, they'll be soft and moist as opposed to crunchy)..
- Recipe Photo The waffle pictured was dusted with powdered sugar and served with lightly whipped fresh cream (100 ml heavy cream, 1 tablespoon sugar, vanilla essence) and pineapple..