Quick Italian Cream Cupcakes. Italian Cream CupcakesEverything that's wonderful about Italian Cream Cake.but in cupcake form! Garnish with shredded coconut and hazelnuts. Back to my sister… she absolutely loves Italian Cream Cake and she had had it before quite a few times and she assures me that this one tastes great!!
I've wanted to share an Italian cream cake recipe as long as I can remember but since there seems to be a plethora of Italian Cream Cake recipes out there and not near as These cupcakes are truly dreamy! I don't recommend eating the batter, raw eggs can be dangerous, but it is hands down the. See more ideas about Italian cream cakes, Cream cake, Almond flavor. Recipe Quick Italian Cream Cake. You can have Quick Italian Cream Cupcakes using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick Italian Cream Cupcakes
- It’s of Cupcake Ingredients.
- You need 1 packages of 16.25 oz. White cake mix with pudding.
- You need 3 of egg whites.
- You need 1 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil/canola oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sweetened coconut, divided.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped pecans, divided.
- You need of Cream Cheese Frosting.
- You need 1 packages of cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter, softened (1 stick).
- You need 4 of to 6 cups sifted powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of almond extract.
What Southern girl does not love cream cheese and pecans? This recipe was shared with me by my Mother-In-Law several years ago and I fell in love! This Italian Cream Cake with pecans and cream cheese frosting is not to be missed, especially for those southerners out there! Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
Quick Italian Cream Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Fill cupcake tin with liners and set aside..
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add 1/2 cup of coconut.(Or more if you like) Continuously stir to allow the heat to dry out the coconut and begin to brown. This can take about 5-10 minutes. Also, keep in mind that if you are using sweetened coconut it tends to brown faster so keep a close eye on the browning process. Once brown, set aside to cool..
- Mix first five ingredients until well incorporated. Gently stir in 1 cup of coconut and 3/4 cup of pecans reserving the rest for the topping..
- Spoon the cupcake batter into your lined cupcake tin 3/4 of the way full..
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven once done and allow to cool completely before frosting..
- For the cream cheese frosting- In a stand mixer (or a regular hand held mixer will do fine) beat the cream cheese and butter until well combined and smooth..
- Add the sifted powdered sugar one cup at a time until all the sugar is incorporated. Add in the almond and vanilla extracts until smooth and creamy..
- Frost cupcakes once cooled or pipe on frosting using a piping bag and tip. Top the cupcakes with remaining chopped pecans and toasted coconut and enjoy!.
Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until light and fluffy. A family recipe for Italian Cream Cake is transformed into snowball cupcakes, a perfect dessert for Winter events. I am excited to kick off a new year and share one of my family's favorite recipes for Italian Cream Cake. This Italian Cream Cake has three layers of moist cake filled with shredded coconut and toasted pecans! Made with homemade cream cheese The origin of Italian cream cake doesn't really seem to be known.