Vodka (or not) Pasta Sauce – oil free & VEGAN.
You can cook Vodka (or not) Pasta Sauce – oil free & VEGAN using 21 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vodka (or not) Pasta Sauce – oil free & VEGAN
- It’s of activated cashews.
- It’s of dried thyme.
- It’s of Himalayan salt.
- You need of =?g fresh basil leaves.
- It’s of In this new version of cookpad, I cannot save a recipe and.
- It’s of change / adjust amounts later when remaking recipe – ANNOYING!!.
- It’s of So, I have to post it a bit unfinished and not perfect :(.
- You need of peeled and already slow cooked tomatoes.
- You need of Multiple dashes of pepper.
- You need of Possibly.
- Prepare of Depending on water content of slow cooked tomatoes.
- You need of After blending you might have to add some c of hot water / broth.
- You need of To achieve a smooth, but not overly thick sauce consistency.
- It’s of Optional.
- Prepare of Shot(s) of plain vodka.
- Prepare of Pasta.
- You need of Penne (ca. 100g / person).
- It’s of Decoration / Topping.
- Prepare of Vegan parmigiana (my recipe).
- You need of multicolored ground pepper.
- Prepare of Thin strips of fresh basil.
Vodka (or not) Pasta Sauce – oil free & VEGAN step by step
- With all of the above on hand and ready to go, this should be fast to put together.
- Place pasta into slightly salted, boiling water until 'al dente' texture (check package or fresh pasta only a few minutes).
- Add first 5 ingredients to blender (due to large amount please for 2-3 turns) until silky smooth.
- Each time pour blended sauce into larger pot than pasta is cooking in until all in.
- Now add your shot(s) of Vodka, stir and try.
- If necessary adjust for less thickness w/½c hot water or veg broth each time, then stir and check.
- Add ground pepper a few dashes a time, stir, then try and continue or stop if satisfied.
- Pasta will be ready to strain and slowly add to pot with ready vodka sauce.
- Mix well with more of a folding motion to not destroy the shape of the pasta.
- Serve on plates or keep warm in e.g. a crock pot.
- Sprinkle shreds of fresh basil on top and a dash of pepper.
- Dust with vegan parmigiana just before eating.
recipe by NAGEV 💓 Zabeth @cookpad