Eggless Christmas Cake.
You can cook Eggless Christmas Cake using 22 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggless Christmas Cake
- It’s of raisins.
- You need of chopped cashews.
- You need of chopped citrus peels.
- It’s of chopped apricots.
- Prepare of chopped dates.
- Prepare of tutti fruity.
- Prepare of glazed cherries (sliced).
- It’s of rum or orange juice or apple juice.
- It’s of all purpose flour or maida.
- Prepare of whole wheat flour.
- It’s of brown sugar or normal sugar.
- Prepare of oil or melted butter.
- You need of soy milk/dairy milk.
- Prepare of apple cider vinegar or regular vinegar.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- You need of cinnamon.
- You need of cloves.
- Prepare of cardamoms.
- It’s of all spice.
- It’s of grated nutmeg.
Eggless Christmas Cake instructions
- First of all, chop all the dry fruits and take out in a jar or a bowl..
- Pour rum or orange juice or apple juice and mix well..
- Cover and let the dry fruits soak for 12 to 24 hours. If you are using rum, keep outside. If you are using juice, keep in fridge..
- In between, stir and shake so that the dry fruits are soaked properly..
- In a grinder, grind all the spices and keep aside..
- Take a loaf pan or a cake mould and grease it well..
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 20 mins..
- Sift together both the flours, spice mix and baking powder. Keep aside..
- Add oil and sugar and mix well..
- Take milk in a bowl. Add vinegar and mix. Add the baking soda. Stir and add the frothing mixture to the cake batter..
- Add vanilla essence and mix quickly..
- Pour in the cake pan and tap it..
- Place some extra sliced cherries on top..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 1 hour 45 minutes (more or less) depending on your oven..
- Check by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, your cake is done..
- Wrap in a cling film or store in a container..
recipe by Khushi Udhani @cookpad