Potato & Cheddar Soup. The potato is a root vegetable native to the Americas, a starchy tuber of the plant Solanum tuberosum, and the plant itself, a perennial in the family Solanaceae. Wild potato species, originating in modern-day Peru, can be found throughout the Americas, from the United States to southern Chile. The potato was originally believed to have been domesticated by indigenous peoples of the Americas.
Potatoes are frequently served whole or mashed as a cooked vegetable and are also ground into potato flour. A perennial plant in the nightshade family that was first cultivated in South America and is widely grown for its starchy edible. Potato definition, the edible tuber of a cultivated plant, Solanum tuberosum, of the nightshade family. You can make Potato & Cheddar Soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato & Cheddar Soup
- Prepare of (3) Large Potatoes (skinned,diced).
- It’s of (3) Tbsp Butter.
- Prepare of (3) Tbsp Flour.
- You need of (2) Carrots (peeled,diced).
- It’s of (2) Celery (diced).
- It’s of (4) Cups Water.
- Prepare of (1) Cup Cheddar Cheese.
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s of (1 & 1/2) Cups Milk.
Potato definition is – sweet potato. How to use potato in a sentence. Overview Information Potato is a plant. The fleshy part of the root (potato) is commonly eaten as a vegetable.
Potato & Cheddar Soup instructions
- In a large skillet boil the diced potatoes, carrots and celery in the 4 cups of water for 20 minutes..
- Pour off the liquid and set aside. Place the vegetables in a bowl and set aside also..
- In the same skillet add butter and onions, fry until translucent..
- In a medium bowl add the milk, flour, salt and pepper. Whisk untill smooth..
- Add milk mixture to the skillet constantly whisk until boils. Thin with vegetable water if needed to desired constancy. Add cheese and constantly whisk until melted..
- Return potatoes, carrots and celery to skillet mix well. Cook on medium 2 or 3 minutes..
- Top with cheese. Enjoy!.
Potato is also used to make medicine. Baked, roasted, mashed or fried — there's no wrong way to eat potatoes. From hearty meals to healthy sides, get creative with potatoes using these top-notch recipes. If there is a threat of frost at night, temporarily cover any sprouted. Certain processed potato products, such as French fries and chips, contain more calories and fat than potatoes that have been boiled, steamed or roasted.