The ultimate chocolate cake (GF option available).
You can have The ultimate chocolate cake (GF option available) using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of The ultimate chocolate cake (GF option available)
- Prepare of dark chocolate.
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of sugar (white or brown are both fine).
- You need of eggs.
- It’s of white flour (for GF option used ground almonds or ground hazelnuts instead).
The ultimate chocolate cake (GF option available) instructions
- Turn on the oven on 180 C. Start by dividing the chocolate into squares and put them in a bowl together with the butter chopped into pieces. The original recipe was instructing to melt this together in bain Marie but I found that if you use the microwave on the defrost setting it melts it all just as well. You want chocolate and butter to be melted but not cooked together.
- In a separate bowl mix the sugar with the egg told only and keep the eggs white on the site separately. I have used caster and brown sugar and it doesn’t really make a difference so whatever you have is fine. Add the flour and or the almonds/ hazelnuts to the sugar and egg mixture..
- Add the chocolate and butter to the egg yolks and sugar.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. The old trick is that if you tip the bowl (slowly) upside down the egg whites shouldn’t fall off. No egg yolks can end in the egg whites or they won’t go all fluffy as they should. To avoid this you can split the eggs in a glass one at the time and tip the egg whites into the mixture. I have done mine with a kitchen aid but I have done it by hand in the past and it works too, it just takes longer!.
- Add the egg whites to the chocolate mixture a bit at the time and make big circles with the spoon to keep the air in. I am showing the consistency that we are going for below as you can see it’s pretty fluid still.
- Cook the the oven for 30-40 min.
recipe by Gaia Riva @cookpad