Date And Walnut Cake (low Cal).
You can make Date And Walnut Cake (low Cal) using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Date And Walnut Cake (low Cal)
- Prepare 200 grams of Chopped and stoned dates.
- It’s 120 grams of Chopped walnuts.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- You need 30 grams of Salted butter.
- Prepare 240 ml of Boiling water.
- Prepare 100 grams of Demerara sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Vanilla essence.
- Prepare 280 grams of Self raising flower.
- You need 1 tsp of Mixed spice.
Date And Walnut Cake (low Cal) instructions
- Place the dates in bowl with the butter and pour over the boiling water. Stir until the butter is melted and set aside to cool..
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar, add the vanilla essence. Then add the date mixture, mix well. Then sift in the flour. Finally add the mixed spice and walnuts and stir well until you have a thick cake mix..
- Prep ur cake tin by smearing a thin layer of butter in it then sift a bit of flour covering all sides. Pour in ur cake mix, I used a loaf shaped tin. Bake at 150 for 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Test by pricking the cake with a skewer, if it comes out dry then the cake is done. Turn out onto a rack and allow to cool..
recipe by Jenny Atkinson @cookpad