Vickys Pina Colada Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Pina Colada Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Vickys Pina Colada Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need of gluten-free / plain flour.
- It’s of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- You need of baking powder.
- You need of bicarbonate of soda / baking soda.
- Prepare of gold foil Stork block margarine.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- You need of pineapple chunks, drained.
- It’s of fresh pineapple juice.
- It’s of full fat coconut milk.
- It’s of lemon juice.
- You need of rum extract.
- It’s of for the Buttercream.
- You need of gold foil Stork block margarine.
- Prepare of icing sugar.
- It’s of coconut milk.
- It’s of vanilla / coconut extract.
- It’s of for the Garnish.
- Prepare of desiccated coconut.
- You need of marachino cocktail cherries.
- Prepare of pineapple chunks.
- Prepare of cocktail umbrellas.
Vickys Pina Colada Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and line a 12 hole cupcake tin / muffin with paper cases.
- Mix the flour, xanthan gum if using, baking powder and bicarb together.
- Cream together the sugar and margarine.
- Put the pineapple chunks, juice, coconut milk, lemon juice and rum essence in a blender and puree.
- Add it to the creamed margarine & sugar. The mixture will look curdled. Don't worry!.
- Add into the flour mixture gradually as to avoid the batter clumping.
- Once it's all mixed in, divide equally between the paper cases.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until firm and risen. FYI if you use a muffin tin rather than a cupcake tray they will appear taller and not as spread out.
- Let cool in the tin for 10 minutes then remove the cakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the buttercream. Cream together the icing sugar and margarine until light.
- Add the coconut milk and vanilla extract to loosen to a piping consistency and ice the cakes.
- Sprinkle the desiccated coconut over the buttercream.
- Add a cherry and a pineapple chunk on top with a trimmed cocktail umbrella for garnish.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad