Eggless plum cake.
You can make Eggless plum cake using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Eggless plum cake
- You need 1 1/2 cups of wheat flour or all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of dry fruits chopped (cashew nuts, resin, walnut, almond,pistachio, dates, black khismis, cherry).
- It’s 1 cup of orange juice.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of oil / butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- You need 2 tsp of orange zest.
- You need 1 tbsp of cocoa powder.
Eggless plum cake step by step
- For soaking the dry fruits__ finely chopped all dry fruits. Transfer to a big bowl add one cup of orange juice (fresh or canned) and keep it in refrigerator for overnight or at least 4 hours..
- Take all dry ingredients wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder salt and shive 2 to 3 times that all ingredients are mixed with each other properly. Keep aside..
- Now make caramel syrup, for this take 1 cup of sugar in a pan and cook it on medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes without disturbing it..
- When sugar melts completely and becomes caramelized add 1/2 cup water in to it carefully, (otherwise this become hard when cool)Mix it well and keep aside to cool down completely..
- Now add soaked dry fruits into dry ingredients, don't add all the orange juice add a time..
- Now add oil, add little amounts of caramel syrup at a time and mix everything to make the better for cake. Add caramel syrup and orange juice gradually. This plum cake better is generally little thik than other cake..
- Greased cake tin with oil and dust with flour, pour cake better 3/4 of cake tin, tap gently to release air and make the mixture smooth..
- Pre heat microwave on 180°c on convection mood and bake the cake for 60 to 80 minutes. Though every microwave have different temperature settings check the cake in between. You can bake this cake in akadai or a pressure cooker too..
- We no need to add more sugar separately as orange juice, caramel syrup and dates has sufficient sweetness..
recipe by Puspita Bhutia @cookpad