Home smoked ham.
You can cook Home smoked ham using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Home smoked ham
- You need 500 g of unsmoked ham.
- You need 45 g of barbecue seasoning.
- Prepare of BBQ seasoning.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of mustard powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of brown sugar.
Home smoked ham instructions
- Make sure the ham is trimmed of excess fat. Cover as evenly as possible with the rub, wrap in cling film and leave to marinade – ideally over night..
- Remove ham from the fridge and light your BBQ, leaving the coals to one side for indirect cooking. Opposite the coals, place a foil tray and add some water..
- When the coals are white, add your smoke wood of choice (Apple or hickory works best). Cover and allow the wood to catch. Wait ten minutes..
- Unwrap the ham and place on the grille over the pan of water. Replace the lid and leave to cook in the smoke for 1 1/2 to 2 hours – at around 150C..
- Remove the ham and wrap in foil. Return to the grille and cook for a further 2-3 hours adding fuel to maintain the temperature of necessary..
- When the ham is cooked (should be around 70C internal temp), remove and allow to rest till cool enough to carve. Serve with your choice of sides..
recipe by Darren Wright @cookpad